We continue to update information on everything related to the Coronavirus in the Rock and Metal industry that arises (Updated 03/12/2020)
We already mentioned a few days ago that music is part of our lives and it will not only be for good things. The effects of the Coronavirus COVID-19 have been noticeable and much in the music industry and daily we have trickle of cancellations, changes etc. In this article we will update daily the news that appears on this topic to try to keep everyone informed, but not alarmed.
- As a curiosity, we started with the conspiracy theory of John Corabi, who I respect a lot musically, but who should think and read a little before launching himself into Twitter with nonsense like this. Perhaps it should have been reported that there are many Coronaviruses and they have not been invented this year …
- A few days ago we announced the cancellation of the SONS OF APOLLO European tour, but this was only a small part of what is happening. We tell you what the current situation and expectations are.
- Notably, in New Zealand, health officials issued a warning to those who attended the Tool show on February 28 in Auckland at Spark Arena, as a fan tested positive for Coronavirus shortly after attending the show. The assistant and his wife had previously visited northern Italy before the show and have since tested positive. They remain in isolation while receiving treatment.
- United States, concerns about the Coronavirus have begun to affect the South by Southwest music festival in Austin. While there have been doubts about whether or not to cancel this year’s event, some artists and participants have not expected a decision. Ozzy Osbourne, Trent Reznor, and Beastie Boys withdrew from their scheduled activities at South by Southwest. Finally the Festival has been canceled
- Green Day canceled several planned tour dates in countries affected by the coronavirus: Singapore, Bangkok, Manila, Taipei, Hong Kong, Seoul, Osaka, and Tokyo. The band has not announced plans for the next leg of their tour, which takes them through parts of Europe dealing with the outbreak.
- Riverside, Destruction and Legion of Dammed postpone their tours in Italy just like Death Angel + TESTAMENT + Exodus
- Scorpions who reported a few days ago that they had to cancel their show in Manila by order of the local government as can be read in their official statement.
- Korn has put masks with their logo on sale. – Here the dumbest makes jugs 🙂 –
- According to The Costa Rica Star, the Guns N ‘Roses show on March 18 at the Ricardo Saprissa Ayma Stadium in San Jose, Costa Rica, has been canceled. This news comes after the Ministry of Health and the National Emergency Commission announced that “all mass events and activities, both free and paid,” would be eliminated due to the coronavirus.
- Poppy has postponed his tour of Europe / United Kingdom due to the coronavirus. The singer commented: “Because several local governments in Europe closed commitments live, I am forced to postpone the UK and EU stage of my I DISAGREE tour. All tickets will remain valid and new dates will be announced as soon as possible. possible “.
- The Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival has been officially postponed due to the coronavirus. The event, originally to be held in April, will now take place from October 9 to 11 and from October 16 to 18 in Indio, CA.
- XTASY concerts postponed in Vitoria, Madrid, Murcia and Barcelona next week.
- For its part, MAGNUM says it will not cancel its impending European tour. We will see if this is the case, since it does not only depend on them. Local governments begin to prohibit acts with the public, so as much as they want, we’ll see.
- GOTTHARD have decided to cancel the presentation party of their next work that was going to take place on March 12 in Zurich, Switzerland. Instead, they will perform the concert from their rehearsal venue in Lugano without audiences and will broadcast it live on Blick TV on March 13 from 12 noon. After 2 pm it can be viewed on your YouTube channel.
- The World Health Organization (WHO) has officially declared the coronavirus epidemic as a global pandemic. So concerts affected are now a lot: YES spring tour cancelled, PAPA ROACH last european tour dates cancelled, MACHINE HEAD Postpones Second European Leg Of ‘Burn My Eyes’ 25th-Anniversary Tour, FLESHGOD APOCALYPSE‘s North American Tour Postponed, SAMMY HAGAR & THE CIRCLE Cancel South American Tour…